Working to help make the value of your home increase before putting it on the market? Custom countertops and stone additions might just what you’re looking for!
Welcome back to the blog, readers! We are Stonehouse Countertops! Adding stone to your home can provide you with so many benefits, not just creating your dream home and giving it a classic and luxurious new look. Stone countertops and adding stone to your home can increase your home’s value, a perfect addition when you’re ready to put it on the market.
Today, we are going to be discussing adding stone to your home and a few other things you need to keep in mind when thinking about adding stone to your home. Before getting started on this new and exciting step in your home’s life, remember to consider the value of your home before choosing the stone you install. You don’t want to pick a material that overprices it! Also, consider your backsplash, faucets, and sink when adding stone into your kitchen to help match the style and help create a stunning well-rounded look! A lot of the time, resale depends on the two most important rooms in the home; the kitchen and the bathroom! Good thing we can help with that!
How Do Stone Countertops Add Value To A Home?
- Homeowners are looking for that elegant touch of luxury that comes with little maintenance, materials that are resistant to stains, and resistant to scratches. Adding stone into your home shows potential buyers that you took care of the home, and these countertops will make their lives easier if they buy it. Buyers are looking for stone that offers a range of colors that give an upscale, elegant, and earthy look. Having these options in your home when you’re looking to sell can put it ahead of other homes on the market!
- Granite is one of the most popular countertop materials. It can boost your home’s value and turn around and help you recover some of the investment you put into your installation costs. According to granitgold.com, installing natural stone countertops can possibly raise your home’s value by 25%!
- Adding stone countertops can be a relatively inexpensive upgrade to your home, and can be an excellent way to give it the spruce up it needs instead of spending thousands of dollars on a total kitchen remodel. You would be investing in your home, adding to its value, and saving money all at the same time! The average expense of adding granite countertops is around $3,100, while a whole kitchen renovation is around $23,000. What else is difficult is that when you do add in a whole new kitchen remodel into your home, you usually only get about 57% of your expenses recovered when you sell your home. When adding stone into your home, makes sure to add the new countertops before putting your home on the marketplace!
- We are getting busier by the day in our personal and professional lives, therefore getting more tired by the moment. To keep up with our busy schedules, move-in-ready homes are incredibly appealing. For buyers looking for a move-in-ready home, it is more than likely that they will be willing to pay a bit more for upgrades like stone countertops.
- When choosing to add stone into your home, go for natural colors and patterns that are classic and complement your whole home. Make sure to go and choose your stone countertops in person, making sure you know exactly what the color and patterns are with your own eyes.
- Another great fact to remember is that your new stone countertops will usually increase your home’s value by about three times the cost you paid to have them installed, according to countertopadvisor.com.
- We spend so much time in our kitchens and bathrooms, that the state of your countertops might just make or break your home’s sale. While laminated countertops were very popular in the 90’s, over the last 20 years that has seen a drastic change. If you currently have laminate, we recommend that you upgrade before selling. If you’re looking for a kitchen upgrade and laminate looks appealing because of its cost, we recommend that you research and choose the next step up. Stone countertops can affordably fit into your budget if you do your homework! Also, look around at the homes in your area. Is it common for them to have granite or other stone countertop options? Will you be putting yourself at a disadvantage for not having them in your home when it goes on the market?
- Remember how we mentioned that homeowners are looking for a mixture of luxury and easy maintenance? Adding a polished finish to your new upgraded stone countertops can take that easy maintenance up a notch! It helps make the countertops look visually appealing and it will help keep them clean, sanitized, and easier to maintain!
- Not only can granite and other stone countertops help sell your home and increase its value, but they can also help secure a buyer in a much shorter amount of time!
How Can Adding Stone To Your Home Increase Its Value? Are you looking to add stone throughout your home, and not just in countertop form? This can be an excellent way to add even more value to your home. Just like stone countertops, stone can give a room a whole new look and feel. When it is time to sell your home, you want buyers to see your home’s true quality in every nook and cranny and all the hard work you’ve put into it. What are some of the reasons to add stone into your home and how can it increase its value?
- Stone adds value to your home, but it is an excellent way of celebrating your local surroundings by using local natural materials. Show off how much you love your home and the world around it by adding local stone to your home!
- Stone is incredibly durable and can last a lifetime where ever it is added to the home. This will help you save money throughout your time there, and it will help the next owners to save as well!
- What is very exciting is that there are so many different options and ways to add stone throughout your home that the creativity is endless.
- Fireplaces and natural stone fireplaces have been seeing a huge trend in popularity over the last few years. Natural stone fireplaces are an excellent option because they can withstand intense heat, they won’t succumb to mold or rot, they don’t need a ton of care, they can withstand a lot of wear and tear, and they can retain heat better than most other building materials can. This can help with your heating bill too!
- Stone floors both indoors and out have an incredibly long lifetime. They are very durable and require very minimal maintenance. They can retain heat in the winter, and cool in the summertime. Plus, stone flooring is so stunning, you will have so many options with your choice of patterns and colors to create the exact look you want.
- Don’t forget that first impression feeling that stone can give your guests and company with outdoor facilities in your garden, on your porch, with your driveway, and much more. Also, consider that first-time impression when potential buyers see it for the first time.
- Spending more time at home this last year has been a reality for all of us. There has never been a more important time to enjoy your back patio! An outdoor patio is one of the safest ways to entertain and be with your personal bubble of people! A beautiful stone patio and space to entertain will be a lifesaver for you and a welcome selling point too!
- Another great reselling fact about stone is that it ages so well, it continues to look more beautiful as time goes on. It will be great for your quality of life while living there and will be appealing to your future buyers.
- Don’t forget about the small touches that can add big value to your home. Outdoor stone fire pits can make any outdoor living space enjoyable for your family and future buyers. These firepits will last a long time, can withstand the elements and their constant wear, will continue to look amazing over time, and retain heat for comfort or cooking the perfect s’more!
Stone is such an incredible building material! It is so versatile and can be used for every aspect of your home both indoors and out! Investing in stone for your home now can make every day a joy and can bring joy to any future owners. There is no other investment comparable! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments! We would love to hear from you! We are Stonehouse Countertops, your leading choice for countertops, vanities, fireplace surrounds, floors, patios, and walls! Until next time stay safe and keep investing in your home and your style!