Creating a beautiful space inside and outside of your home is incredibly important to us. In honor of that, we are celebrating stone in the great outdoors and why pavers are so beneficial to your yard and back patio!
Hello readers! Welcome back to the blog! We are so excited to talk about today’s topic, because we are taking the beauty and endurance of stone back to its natural elements, and talking about the use of stone outdoors! Today we are going to be talking about pavers in the backyard and back patios. These unique stones can help create a safe, usable, comfortable, and unique space for anyone and everyone. In honor of that, we wanted to talk about the many benefits of pavers and why you should consider them for your next outdoor project and renovation!
One of the best things about using pavers stones is the fact that their benefits are endless, you can create a space of any size with them, and concrete just can’t keep up or compare with their durability, beauty, uniqueness, and strength. Just like we mentioned in our last blog, the idea of pavers and interlocking stone isn’t new. The use of interlocking stone for shelter, elegance, and comfort date back as far as Roman times. There are so many different ways to enjoy your backyard and your open outdoor spaces. However, there is nothing quite like the elegance, durability, and strength that pavers offer at such an affordable price.
The idea of sprucing up your outdoor living spaces can be overwhelming, but if this past year has taught us anything it has instilled their importance. Giving your backyard a makeover and a new way to use and enjoy it more than ever before is a lot simpler than you might imagine. Pavers can transform any space into a lively and fun area for anything you wish, all while providing you with a timeless and affordable look. You can leave an impression on anyone who visits your home, on your neighbors, and give yourself peace of mind to relax in, make your home stand out, and go above and beyond all by just adding pavers! With all of that in mind, let’s talk about all of their many benefits!
- Pavers are an incredibly tough and durable building material that can withstand all of the elements, are crack resistant, and strong enough to endure the weight of a car.
- The moment the stones have been properly installed, you can use the area right away.
- The installation process can be very quick and easy, give you your backyard, walkways, garden beds, driveways, and much more back in no time.
- Due to how they are placed in an interlocking pattern, they move and flow better with the natural changes, movement, and flow of the earth. This allows them to stay in one piece compared to that of poured concrete. Concrete can crack due to these natural movements and won’t last as long as its paver counterparts.
- The maintenance is very limited. Any time a stone needs to be replaced, it can simply be lifted out of the interwoven stone pattern and replaced with a brand new one very quickly and inexpensively. You won’t need to replace large chunks of the area to repave it like you might have to with concrete or asphalt.
- Depending on which pavers you use, many will never lose their color or finish over time. This allows them to last longer, adding value to your home, and limits the expense of maintaining them.
- You can create any shape, design, or pattern imaginable with your pavers, allowing you incredibly creative freedom.
- There is no other luxury like an outdoor theatre to relax and enjoy in, and pavers can provide a very affordable, beautiful, and quick to build space for you and your family.
- While some might want a lush green lawn no matter what you do, keeping that beautiful lawn takes a lot of time and money to maintain all year round. Installing pavers reduces that lawn area, helps you save money and time, and still provides you with a beautiful space to enjoy.
- Using pavers will automatically add value to your home.
- It is a very customizable addition to your home. Paver stones come in every size, shape, and color.
- Paver stones are considered the most durable, resilient, and long-lasting building material for outdoor spaces.
- Paver stones are resilient to heat, ice, erosion, deterioration from salt and direct sunlight, and all other natural elements.
- You can consistently continue adding on to your paver areas. You can add on more seating, firepits, outdoor kitchens, grilling areas, decorative flourishes, and much more. You can start with a basic paver patio and continue to grow as you choose and when your finances allow you to grow.
- They are a non-slip material, making it safe for every quest and member of the family in all seasons.
- They are an environmentally friendly building choice, as they don’t stop natural water flow or the natural filtration of the ground.
- Pavers are a great choice for any style or look, and can complement rustic, historic, and modern homes and designs. They can blend in with the natural elements or create elements for you.
- Their interwoven patterns can withstand earthquakes and other natural disasters and movements of the earth.
- Thanks to the gravel that lives below pavers and are used in their installation, it can help water drain naturally and help remove toxins before water drains off into lakes, oceans, creeks, and rivers.
- The way pavers are installed allows for easy and simple repairs to pipelines, cables, and wires, and much more without damage to the paved area and without prohibiting the needed repairs.
- They don’t expand or crack due to the weather, and they won’t chip or flake.
- They are very easy to clean and all you need is a working hose to clean your stones.
- You are making an investment when choosing to install paves, so you want a product that stands up to this investment, and this is exactly what pavers delivers!
Are you ready to take the next step with your outdoor living spaces? These are just a few of the many examples and reasons why pavers offer you so many incredible options and why they are such an amazing investment. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We are Stonehouse Countertops, your leading choice for countertops, vanities, fireplace surrounds, floors, patios, and walls! Until next time stay safe and keep investing in your home and your style!