We are passionate about creating the best experiences for our customers and providing them with the best materials. Inspired by that, here are the top benefits of natural stone countertops and why you should consider installing them in your home!
Welcome readers! We are thrilled that you’ve found your way to our brand new blog! We are incredibly passionate about what we do, the products we offer, the high level of service we provide, our artisan-quality craftsmanship, and the fact that we don’t just fabricate slabs. We turn stone into art. We are the leading choice for your countertops, vanities, fireplace surrounds, patios, floors and walls, and provide the best stone to do so. Throughout our blogs, we will be exploring our services, their benefits, and much more. We are here to celebrate your home with you and to share your enthusiasm for creating the beautiful spaces you’ve always wanted. We partner with the leading suppliers of granite, marble, quartz, quartzite, soapstone, and Silestone to offer our clients the very best selection of natural and engineered stone. Today, we are going to be talking about the many benefits of natural stone countertops!
Going the extra mile and creating spaces in your home that are not only beautiful to look at but make you feel happy and relaxed to be in is one of the greatest things about being a homeowner. Putting in extra time and dedication with little details can also help increase the value of your home and can help you sell it when you get to that point in your future. One of the best and simplest ways to add these very special details are adding stone countertops to your kitchen or your bathrooms. They can make an older home look brand new, make a house feel like a home, and help express your personal style. It can be overwhelming to choose the right products to create your perfect countertops and to know which is best for your wants and needs. This is why we are here to talk about the benefits of natural stone countertops today.
There is something very special about being out in nature and connecting to that beauty. There is also something very calming and relaxing about bringing your favorite natural elements indoors. According to Grantitransofrmations.com, the average person spends 30 minutes a day in the bathroom, and according to the USDA, the average person spends about 37 minutes in the kitchen. That is about 183 hours and 226 hours a year respectively. With all that time spent in these important rooms, don’t you want to feel as relaxed, comfortable, and as happy as possible? Adding natural stone countertops can do that for you in so many ways. This goes beyond just their beautiful styles, natural stone countertops can offer their owners so much more.
Like we mentioned above, it’s no surprise that stone countertops give your home another level of beauty and style. They also come with a long history, and their durability goes to show why it has been such a popular building material. Stone countertops aren’t a new idea. Marble has been used in the home for over 2000 years and has been used in homes and architecture throughout the world. Granite was next to come along in the late 1800’s, and was at first very expensive and found only in luxurious homes, according to rocktops.com. Today, you can still have that luxurious feeling with even more options without breaking the bank. Over the last year, we’ve spent more time at home than ever before, a lot of this leading to home renovations and makeovers. If you’re getting the itch to make a change, why not start with the simple and luxurious beauty of stone countertops? Here are a few reasons why they are so beneficial!
- Durability! Stone countertops, when cared for properly, can last a lifetime. They are resistant to the natural stains and accidents that come with a kitchen and a bathroom like spilled wine, toothpaste, coffee, dropping a glass or heavy object, and can withstand heat or knife cuts.
- Some stone countertops are bacteria resistant, which during this time of pandemic is very important. Placing grocery bags or items from the store on your countertops don’t need to cause panic any longer with these types of countertops. They can also create a very sanitary workspace for cooking, preparing, and enjoying your meals. It can also help keep a clean and sanitary bathroom.
- They are very easy to clean and to keep clean, cutting down on the time spent cleaning and allowing more time for enjoying your home with your loved ones.
- Natural stone countertops are made from natural stone that forms under extreme conditions. This allows them to be very strong, allows for use indoors and outdoors, and can also lead them to look better over time when exposed to natural elements. Building an outdoor kitchen or new patio space with natural stone? It’ll allow you to not fear the natural elements and you’ll watch your natural stone features become even more stunning through every season.
- They can take a beating for your family every day and can stand up against everyday spills. Water will never warp them either.
- They require minimal maintenance, and usually the only maintenance you’ll need is resealing. Depending on what type of natural stone you use for your countertops or home, you can go for 10 years or more without needing to reseal your countertops.
- The actual aesthetic of natural stone countertops is an automatic bonus, taking an okay space and turning it into a stunning room you want to spend your time in!
- Stone countertops are timeless, as they’ve been around for so long, but they also give the home a very sleek and modern look and give any room a high end feel.
- You can find the exact color of stone that fits you and your style, and it can be cut to fit any space you could imagine, offering you endless creative possibilities.
- It can help you save money over time! While at first the investment of natural stone countertops can be a little overwhelming, they will last a lifetime. Once they’re chosen and installed, they will never have to be replaced again, like many other counter counterparts.
- Stone countertops can also increase a home’s value and many home buyers look for granite or other natural stone countertops when looking for their dream home. They are a good sign that the previous owner took pride in and cared for their home. It can add value to single-family homes, apartments, and condos.
- Natural stone countertops are always desirable and can help tip the scale when someone is trying to decide between which home to buy.
- Natural stone countertops will offer you another level of uniqueness to your home, as no slab is alike. This offers an opportunity to create one of a kind spaces in your home. They also come in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes to fit exactly what you’re looking for.
- Since you can cut the stone slabs into any shape and size, you can put them anywhere you want in any design you can dream up for your home.
- They are an eco-friendly building material. They are naturally made and are free of any man-made components. Pieces that are leftover from other cuts can be reused for other projects instead of being thrown away.
There are so many beneficial reasons for using stone countertops. It can help you create the room of your dreams and a space you are proud to call your own. The best way to do so is to work with professionals who are passionate about stone, about creating your perfect space, and who know how to offer concierge-tier service with a satisfaction guarantee! We are here for all of your stone needs, and are ready to make your dreams come true! When you’re ready for a new addition or renovation in the Charleston, SC area for your countertops, vanities, fireplace surrounds, floors, patios, and walls, Stonehouse Countertops is your best choice! We look forward to working with you soon and we look forward to seeing you for our next blog! Until next time stay safe and keep investing in your home and your style!